Chin augmentation treatment with hyaluron
Chin-up charmer: Hyaluron for a kin-dividualized look!
The advantages of chin correction include compensating for asymmetries, creating more harmonious facial proportions and improving the self-esteem of our patients. A harmonious chin that is in line with the other facial proportions blends gently into the face and completes it perfectly. People who suffer from a chin that is too small or receding have the opportunity to improve their facial proportions with a minimally invasive chin correction or a hyaluronic chin augmentation treatment (e.g. in conjunction with Rhinoplasty with hyaluron) more harmonious again.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that occurs in our body and plays an important role in regulating the skin's moisture and elasticity. It is a component of connective tissue and ensures that the skin looks plump and firm.
In the field of aesthetic medicine, hyaluronic acid is often used for wrinkle treatment and lip augmentation. Due to its unique properties, it can bind moisture and increase the volume of the treated areas. It fills in wrinkles and lines and gives the skin a smoother and more youthful appearance.
The effect of hyaluronic acid treatment is immediately visible and usually lasts for several months. As hyaluronic acid is a natural component of the body, it is broken down by the body over time and therefore needs to be replenished regularly to maintain the desired results.
Treatment with hyaluronic acid is generally well tolerated as it is a substance that is already present in our body. Nevertheless, possible risks and side effects should be discussed with an experienced doctor before treatment.
The procedure for chin correction with hyaluronic acid is usually as follows:
- Consultation: The first step is a detailed consultation with Dr. Conrad. Here, your wishes and expectations are discussed and possible risks and side effects are explained.
- Preparation: Before the treatment, the area to be treated is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. We only use hyaluronic acid products that already contain an anesthetic to increase comfort during the treatment, so the use of an anesthetic cream is not necessary.
- Hyaluronic acid injection: Hyaluronic acid is injected specifically into the chin to build up volume or even out irregularities. A fine needle or cannula is usually used for this.
- Sculpting and adjustment: After the injection, the chin is carefully sculpted to achieve the desired result. Dr. Conrad adjusts the shape and volume to achieve a harmonious facial proportion.
- Aftercare: Slight swelling, redness or bruising may occur after the treatment, but these usually subside quickly.
- Result: The result of the chin treatment with hyaluronic acid is immediately visible.
It is important to note that each case is individual and the exact course of treatment depends on various factors. A thorough consultation is therefore essential to determine the best treatment plan for you.
In terms of durability, a distinction must be made between hyaluronic acid and botulinum: Botulinum relaxes the muscles for approx. 3-4 months. However, it is important to note that the long-term reduction in wrinkles is achieved by "unlearning" the movement together with a "reduction" of the muscles (as if you stopped going to the gym for a few months). In studies, these wrinkle-preventive effects even lasted longer than 6-12 months!
The shelf life of hyaluronic acid varies depending on the product used and the treatment region. For example, it depends on whether the product is applied to an area with good circulation. The shelf life varies from 6-18 months. In the chin area, some hyaluronic acid products can last between 14-18 months.
We will be happy to clarify any questions about durability in a personal consultation. In addition to durability, it must be taken into account that the individual ageing process also progresses naturally during the application period, albeit at a slower rate. Studies have shown that patients can benefit from a significantly longer shelf life by combining hyaluronic acid with botulinum in areas of high movement.
Results can be seen immediately after the procedure and improve over the following 12 weeks.
A chin injection with hyaluronic acid can be associated with some discomfort, but most people find the treatment well tolerated. A topical anaesthetic cream or local anaesthetic injection can be used before the injection to minimize possible pain. We only use hyaluronic acid products that already contain an anesthetic to increase comfort during treatment.
There may be a slight feeling of pressure or stinging during the injection, but most patients report that this is well tolerated. Some also experience a slight burning or tingling sensation, but this quickly subsides.
After the treatment, the chin area may be slightly swollen and sensitive for a few hours or days. This is usually temporary and will subside on its own. It is recommended to apply cooling compresses or ice packs to the treated areas to reduce swelling and possible discomfort.
Yes, a receding chin can be corrected with hyaluronic acid. By injecting hyaluronic acid, the chin can be visually enlarged to create a more harmonious facial profile. This method is a non-surgical alternative to chin correction and is considered relatively safe and effective. However, the results are only temporary and the treatment must be repeated after some time, as the body breaks down the hyaluronic acid over time. It is important to have this type of treatment performed by a DGBT-certified specialist to minimize potential risks and complications.
Rules of conduct after treatment with hyaluronic acid
- Do not smoke for at least 4 hours after treatment
- Make-up only from the following day
- No intensive competitive sport, sun, sauna or solarium for at least 24 hours
Particular attention should be paid to chin injections:
- Avoid propping up the chin for 1 week
Highly effective innovative hyaluronic acids currently represent by far the safest and most effective treatment option in the filler area of aesthetics. Although hyaluronic acid is in principle a substance produced naturally in the body, side effects can nevertheless rarely occur:
- Redness, swelling, bruising
- Irritation in the treated area
- Inflammation / Infection
- In extremely rare cases, hyaluronic acid can also clog vessels and lead to tissue loss. In this case, the hyaluronic acid must be dissolved again with an antidote known as hylase.
Treatments with hyaluronic acid as a so-called filler therefore belong in the hands of certified experts in this field.
Make an appointment and let us advise you. We look forward to your visit.
Various combination treatments are possible for chin treatment with hyaluronic acid in order to achieve optimal results. Some possible combinations are
- Chin augmentation and profile enhancement: In addition to injecting hyaluronic acid to enlarge the chin, profile enhancement can also be performed. This involves injecting the hyaluronic acid into other areas of the face to make the overall appearance more harmonious. (e.g. Rhinoplasty with hyaluron, Remove marionette lines)
- Chin augmentation and jawline correction: A combination of chin augmentation and jawline correction can help to better define the face and create a clearer contour. Hyaluronic acid is used both in the chin area and along the jawline.
Every case is individual, so a detailed consultation should take place before treatment to discuss the best options for each patient. Dr. Conrad will be happy to discuss your wishes and ideas.
Before / After
David Conrad, MD
M. Sc. Aesthetic Medicine
After his time at the Freiburg University Clinic and a private aesthetic clinic near Zurich, Dr. Conrad rounded off his further training as a highly specialized doctor in aesthetic consultations at the laser clinic next to Prof. Dr. Raulin and at the Aesthetics and Skin Centre in Karlsruhe.
At the same time, he deepened his knowledge in the field of thread lifting and minimally invasive aesthetic treatments with a Master of Science in London.
Our intention? Simple!
To demystify the hype and hysteria of the skincare industry.