Migraine treatment with Botox®
Ready to Relieve? Bye-bye headaches!
Do you suffer from recurring migraine attacks? We have a solution for you! Botox® can be used not only for aesthetic treatment, but also to relieve migraine symptoms. Targeted injections of Botox® into specific areas of the head and neck can reduce the frequency and intensity of migraine attacks. Botox® blocks the release of certain chemicals in the brain that are responsible for the development of migraines. Studies have shown that Botox® leads to a significant improvement in migraine symptoms in many patients. If you suffer from migraines and are looking for an effective solution, make an appointment today and let us help you improve your quality of life.
Presentation| without make up
Treatment duration| 10 - 15 minutes
Onset of action| after 3-10 days
Maximum effect| after 14 days
Material| biologically derived botulinum free from animal testing
Socially acceptable| immediately
Load capacity| immediately | sport after 4 hours
Incapacity to work| none
Rules of conduct| see below
Prices| individually depending on region and desired effect (see price table)
Botulinum toxin, also known as Botox®, is a substance derived from a bacterium. A wrinkle treatment with botulinum relaxes the muscles of the expression lines and thus reduces the formation of wrinkles in the short and long term. The body is given time to heal deep lines that have developed over the years with natural regeneration.
In the medical field, botulinum is used to reduce facial expression wrinkles, which are a considerable psychological burden. In addition, there are numerous studies that speak for an antidepressant, migraine alleviating, mood-lifting effect.
Botulinum is used in particular to temporarily reduce moderate to severe wrinkles in the area between the eyebrows (frown lines), horizontal forehead wrinkles and the so-called crow's feet at the side of the eyes, the extent of which can be a considerable psychological burden for adults. In addition, there are numerous studies that suggest an antidepressant, migraine-relieving and mood-lifting effect.
Procedure for migraine treatment with botulinum
- Please do not wear make-up on the day of treatment!
- After a detailed consultation, the appropriate dose for the region to be treated can be selected on the basis of the muscles and the objective.
- Preparation: Before the treatment, your hair is tied back and the areas to be treated are thoroughly disinfected.
- Based on the individual muscle structure and progression, treatment points are marked and the botulinum is injected precisely into the specific muscle groups responsible for your migraine symptoms using barely visible needles. This may involve the forehead muscle, the temporal muscle, the neck muscle and others. The number of injections varies depending on individual needs.
- Botulinum treatment is hardly painful thanks to the use of a specially buffered solution and is well tolerated due to the short treatment time. Most people therefore only experience minimal pain or a slight stinging sensation during the treatment.
- Occasionally, tiny bruises may appear after the treatment, which can then be easily covered with make-up on the same evening.
Important! The effect starts only after 3-10 days, so the maximum muscle relaxation is achieved after 14 days.
In the first days no effect is visible and wrinkle smoothing occurs increasingly in the period between 2-8 weeks after treatment.
The body must be given some time to gently smooth out the skin stress lines that have formed.
Depending on the individual and the region, movement of the treated muscles is possible again after 2-4 months. However, similar to a longer break in the gym, it often takes another 2-3 months before the muscles are trained again and the original wrinkling returns.
If you have any questions about the process, we are always here for you.
The duration of a botulinum treatment varies from person to person, but usually lasts around three to six months. Botulinum toxin, which is injected into the muscles, temporarily blocks the nerve signals that trigger muscle contraction. This causes the treated muscles to relax and the associated wrinkles to smooth out.
The durability depends on various factors, including the individual's metabolic rate, the amount of botulinum toxin used, the region treated and the experience of the practitioner. After a few months, the body slowly breaks down the botulinum toxin and the muscles gradually recover, leading to a gradual return of muscle movement and wrinkling.
Regular top-up treatments are required to achieve a continuous effect. The exact duration may vary from person to person, but botulinum treatments are a popular option to temporarily reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines and maintain a more youthful appearance.
Rules of conduct exist on numerous websites that have historically emerged since the days of botulinum discovery. Most of them have no scientific basis.
Our recommendations include:
- No pressure or manipulation of the sites for 4 hours to avoid spreading the botulinum to other lots
- Moderate sport is possible without problems after 4 hours
- Avoid 24 h sauna, intensive sun, solarium
- 48 h no treatments that get under the skin
(Microneedling, dental surgery/cleanings, tattoos, piercings, permanent makeup, sharp peels, laser treatments).
Botulinum is extremely well tolerated. Unlike most other drugs, ALL possible effects and side effects here are temporary.
Minor side effects include bruising as well as unintended treatment of neighboring muscles. The risk of bruising is strongly dependent on the treatment region.
We will be happy to advise you on the details of your desired treatment in an on-site educational consultation.
Before / After
David Conrad, MD
M. Sc. Aesthetic Medicine
After his time at the Freiburg University Clinic and a private aesthetic clinic near Zurich, Dr. Conrad rounded off his further training as a highly specialized doctor in aesthetic consultations at the laser clinic next to Prof. Dr. Raulin and at the Aesthetics and Skin Centre in Karlsruhe.
At the same time, he deepened his knowledge in the field of thread lifting and minimally invasive aesthetic treatments with a Master of Science in London.
Our intention? Simple!
To demystify the hype and hysteria of the skincare industry.