Facial slimming with Botox®
Face the Slim: say goodbye to curves!
Do you feel that your face looks too wide or misshapen? Would you like to achieve a slimmer and more defined facial contour? Then our Facial Slimming treatment is just the thing for you! Facial slimming, also known as masseter treatment, is an innovative aesthetic solution to reduce muscle mass in the jaw area. The targeted injection of Botox® into the masseter muscle reduces its activity and decreases muscle mass. The result? A slimmer and more defined face with an elegant V-shaped contour. Facial Slimming can also be used for patients who suffer from teeth grinding (bruxism). By relaxing the masseter muscle, Botox® can help alleviate the symptoms of bruxism and give you a restful night's sleep. Make an appointment today and let's redefine your face together!
Presentation| without make up
Treatment duration| 15 - 20 minutes
Onset of action| after 3-10 days
Maximum effect| after 14 days
Material| biologically derived botulinum free from animal testing
Socially acceptable| immediately
Load capacity| immediately | sport after 4 hours
Incapacity to work| none
Rules of conduct| see below
Prices| individually depending on region and desired effect (see price table)
Botulinum toxin, also known as Botox®, is a substance derived from a bacterium. A wrinkle treatment with botulinum relaxes the muscles of the expression lines and thus reduces the formation of wrinkles in the short and long term. The body is given time to heal deep lines that have developed over the years with natural regeneration.
In the medical field, botulinum is used to reduce facial expression wrinkles, which are a considerable psychological burden. In addition, there are numerous studies that speak for an antidepressant, migraine alleviating, mood-lifting effect.
Facial Slimming through a Masseter treatment is used to make the face look slimmer and more defined. Here are some of the main reasons why people opt for this treatment:
- Wider face: An overdeveloped masseter muscle can make the face appear wider. By reducing the muscle mass in the jaw area, a facial slimming treatment can help to make the face appear narrower and more elegant.
- V-shaped contour: A masseter treatment can help to create a V-shaped contour of the face. This means that the chin is narrower than the cheek area, which is perceived as aesthetically pleasing.
- Improving the profile: For some people, an overdeveloped masseter muscle can affect the profile of the face, making it appear more angular or wider. By reducing muscle mass, a Facial Slimming treatment can help to improve the profile and achieve a more harmonious appearance.
- Relief of bruxism symptoms: Bruxism is the unconscious grinding or clenching of teeth, often during sleep. An overactive masseter muscle can lead to bruxism. Relaxing the muscle with Botox® injections can help relieve the symptoms of bruxism such as headaches, TMJ pain and tooth wear.
It is important to note that a Masseter treatment should be customized to achieve the desired aesthetic results. A thorough consultation is therefore essential.
Contact us today to make an appointment. We look forward to helping you achieve your desired aesthetic results and boost your confidence.
Botulinum is used in particular to temporarily reduce moderate to severe wrinkles in the area between the eyebrows (frown lines), horizontal forehead wrinkles and the so-called crow's feet at the side of the eyes, the extent of which can be a considerable psychological burden for adults. In addition, there are numerous studies that suggest an antidepressant, migraine-relieving and mood-lifting effect.
Procedure of a masseur treatment with botulinum
- Please do not wear make-up on the day of treatment!
- After a detailed consultation, the appropriate dose for the region to be treated can be selected on the basis of the muscles and the objective.
- After disinfection, treatment points are marked on the basis of the individual muscle structure and progression and the botulinum is precisely injected using barely visible needles. Botulinum treatment is hardly painful thanks to the use of a specially buffered solution and is easily tolerated due to the short treatment time. Most people therefore only experience minimal pain or a slight stinging sensation during the treatment.
- Occasionally, tiny bruises may appear after the treatment, which can then be easily covered with make-up on the same evening.
Important! The effect starts only after 3-10 days, so the maximum muscle relaxation is achieved after 14 days.
In the first days no effect is visible and wrinkle smoothing occurs increasingly in the period between 2-8 weeks after treatment.
The body must be given some time to gently smooth out the skin stress lines that have formed.
Depending on the individual and the region, movement of the treated muscles is possible again after 2-4 months. However, similar to a longer break in the gym, it often takes another 2-3 months before the muscles are trained again and the original wrinkling returns.
If you have any questions about the process, we are always here for you.
The duration of a botulinum treatment varies from person to person, but usually lasts around three to six months. Botulinum toxin, which is injected into the muscles, temporarily blocks the nerve signals that trigger muscle contraction. This causes the treated muscles to relax and the associated wrinkles to smooth out.
The durability depends on various factors, including the individual's metabolic rate, the amount of botulinum toxin used, the region treated and the experience of the practitioner. After a few months, the body slowly breaks down the botulinum toxin and the muscles gradually recover, leading to a gradual return of muscle movement and wrinkling.
Regular top-up treatments are required to achieve a continuous effect. The exact duration may vary from person to person, but botulinum treatments are a popular option to temporarily reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines and maintain a more youthful appearance.
Rules of conduct exist on numerous websites that have historically emerged since the days of botulinum discovery. Most of them have no scientific basis.
Our recommendations include:
- No pressure or manipulation of the sites for 4 hours to avoid spreading the botulinum to other lots
- Moderate sport is possible without problems after 4 hours
- Avoid 24 h sauna, intensive sun, solarium
- 48 h no treatments that get under the skin
(Microneedling, dental surgery/cleanings, tattoos, piercings, permanent makeup, sharp peels, laser treatments).
Botulinum is extremely well tolerated. Unlike most other drugs, ALL possible effects and side effects here are temporary.
Minor side effects include bruising as well as unintended treatment of neighboring muscles. The risk of bruising is strongly dependent on the treatment region.
We will be happy to advise you on the details of your desired treatment in an on-site educational consultation.
Before / After
David Conrad, MD
M. Sc. Aesthetic Medicine
After his time at the Freiburg University Clinic and a private aesthetic clinic near Zurich, Dr. Conrad rounded off his further training as a highly specialized doctor in aesthetic consultations at the laser clinic next to Prof. Dr. Raulin and at the Aesthetics and Skin Centre in Karlsruhe.
At the same time, he deepened his knowledge in the field of thread lifting and minimally invasive aesthetic treatments with a Master of Science in London.
Our intention? Simple!
To demystify the hype and hysteria of the skincare industry.