Jawline (chin line) treatment with hyaluronic acid
Jawline-Joyride: Hyaluron for the wow effect!
Jawline treatment with hyaluronic acid is an effective way to improve facial contours and create a defined, aesthetically pleasing chin profile. This non-surgical treatment is ideal for patients who want to improve their appearance without undergoing invasive surgery. During this treatment, hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the skin that binds moisture, is injected into the chin area. This adds volume and definition to the chin and can help to correct a receding or underdeveloped chin. The treatment is quick, safe and requires no downtime. The results are immediately visible.
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that occurs in our body and plays an important role in regulating the skin's moisture and elasticity. It is a component of connective tissue and ensures that the skin looks plump and firm.
In the field of aesthetic medicine, hyaluronic acid is often used for wrinkle treatment and lip augmentation. Due to its unique properties, it can bind moisture and increase the volume of the treated areas. It fills in wrinkles and lines and gives the skin a smoother and more youthful appearance.
The effect of hyaluronic acid treatment is immediately visible and usually lasts for several months. As hyaluronic acid is a natural component of the body, it is broken down by the body over time and therefore needs to be replenished regularly to maintain the desired results.
Treatment with hyaluronic acid is generally well tolerated as it is a substance that is already present in our body. Nevertheless, possible risks and side effects should be discussed with an experienced doctor before treatment.
The procedure for a Jawline treatment with hyaluronic acid is similar to other hyaluronic acid treatments. Here is a brief explanation of the typical procedure:
- Consultation: A detailed consultation with Dr. Conrad takes place before the treatment. The patient's individual wishes and expectations are discussed and possible risks and side effects are explained.
- Preparation: Before the treatment, the jawline is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. We only use hyaluronic acid products that already contain an anesthetic to increase comfort during the treatment, so the use of an anesthetic cream is not necessary.
- Injection: A fine needle is used to inject the hyaluronic preparation specifically along the jawline. This improves the contour and definition of the jawline to achieve a striking and youthful appearance.
- Aftercare: After the injection, there may be slight swelling, redness or bruising, but this usually subsides quickly. You can usually resume your normal activities immediately after the treatment.
- Result: The result of the Jawline treatment with hyaluronic acid is immediately visible. The jawline appears more defined and sharper.
It is important to note that each case is individual and the exact course of treatment depends on various factors. A thorough consultation is therefore essential to determine the best treatment plan for you.
The shelf life of hyaluronic acid varies depending on the product used and the treatment region. For example, it depends on whether the product is applied to an area with good circulation. The shelf life varies from 6-18 months. In the jaw area, some hyaluronic acid products can last between 12-18 months.
Studies have shown that patients can benefit from significantly extended durability by combining hyaluron with botulinum in areas of high movement.
We will be happy to clarify questions regarding durability in a personal consultation.
Results can be seen immediately after the procedure and improve over the following 12 weeks.
Hyaluronic acid injections can be associated with some discomfort, but most people find the treatment well tolerated. A topical anaesthetic cream can be used before the injection to minimize possible pain. We only use hyaluronic acid products that already contain an anesthetic to increase comfort during the treatment.
There may be a slight feeling of pressure or stinging during the injection, but most patients report that this is well tolerated. Some also experience a slight burning or tingling sensation, but this quickly subsides.
After the treatment, the respective areas of the face may be slightly swollen and sensitive for a few hours or days. This is usually temporary and will subside on its own. It is recommended to apply cooling compresses or ice packs to the treated areas to reduce swelling and possible discomfort.
Rules of conduct after treatment with hyaluronic acid
- At least 4 hours Do not smoke after treatment
- Make-up only from the following day
- At least 24h No intensive competitive sports, sun, sauna or solarium
Highly effective innovative hyaluronic acids currently represent by far the safest and most effective treatment option in the filler area of aesthetics. Although hyaluronic acid is in principle a substance produced naturally in the body, side effects can nevertheless rarely occur:
- Redness, swelling, bruising
- Irritation in the treated area
- Inflammation / Infection
- In extremely rare cases, hyaluronic acid can also clog vessels and lead to tissue loss. In this case, the hyaluronic acid must be dissolved again with an antidote known as hylase.
Treatments with hyaluronic acid as a so-called filler therefore belong in the hands of certified experts in this field.
Make an appointment and let us advise you. We look forward to your visit.
Jawline treatment with hyaluronic acid fillers can be performed in various combinations to achieve optimal results. Some common combinations are
- Botox: The combination of hyaluronic acid and Botox can achieve both volume and muscle relaxation. Botox is used to relax the muscles in the chin area to further improve the appearance of the jawline.
- Thread lift: The thread lift is a minimally invasive treatment in which special threads are inserted into the skin to improve the contour and firmness of the jawline. It can be used in combination with hyaluronic acid fillers to achieve an even better result.
- Lipolysis: Lipolysis uses an injection of a special solution to dissolve fat cells in the chin area. This treatment can help to reduce the double chin and improve the definition of the jawline.
An individual consultation is always advisable in order to find the most suitable combination for the Jawline treatment.
Before / After
David Conrad, MD
M. Sc. Aesthetic Medicine
After his time at the Freiburg University Clinic and a private aesthetic clinic near Zurich, Dr. Conrad rounded off his further training as a highly specialized doctor in aesthetic consultations at the laser clinic next to Prof. Dr. Raulin and at the Aesthetics and Skin Centre in Karlsruhe.
At the same time, he deepened his knowledge in the field of thread lifting and minimally invasive aesthetic treatments with a Master of Science in London.
Our intention? Simple!
To demystify the hype and hysteria of the skincare industry.